Some time ago I shared with you a traditional Latvian soup, and it reminded me of traditional Bulgarian cold soup that is very popular during the summer months. It is called Tarator and its one of my favourite traditional disehs. Here you can read how to prepare it.
- 2 cucumbers (about 500 g)
- 500 g plain yogurt (1 lb)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 2 -3 tablespoons of crushed walnuts (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- oil, salt, water
1. Cut the cucumbers into cubes and put them in a bowl. You may aslo grate them but it changes the look and the consistency.
2. Beat the yogurt with a fork until it gets liquid and pour it over the cucumbers.
3 Add the crushed garlic, the walnuts and the minced dill as well as salt and oil to taste.
4. If needed add some water to make the soup as liquid as you like but take care not to make it too “thin”.
5 Put into the refrigerator to cool or add ice cubes and serve cold.